What are the costs associated with hiring a nanny?
When budgeting for hiring a nanny and becoming their employer, there are a few costs to keep in mind.
- We require a $399 launch fee for all applications.
- This fee is the upfront cost for us to do our searching for you. We create your listing, we filter through our pool of nannies, we vet their references, resumes and certifications.
- The Nanny's gross hourly rate. To budget for this, please keep the following in mind:
- Nannies are in extremely high demand due to COVID.
- The calibre of nannies we specialize in are currently seeking anywhere from $25-40 gross per hour depending on their experience, level of education, and what the job entails.
- Employer costs. Please factor the following into your budget:
- An additional 7-10% (depending on your province) on top of the nanny's gross wage to account for the employer's portion of CPP, EI, and Worksafe/WSIB.
- You will pay the nanny directly and become their employer.
- Once you have made an offer to a nanny, the agency fee for permanent positions is 15% of the nanny's salary for the first year with a minimum fee of $4000, which is payable upon accepted offer. For temporary positions, the placement fees are $1000 for the first month and are $750 for each month thereafter.
We are also happy to offer complimentary payroll services for full-time permanent placements (40+ hours per week, 12 months minimum).